- The digestive system is made up of the esophagus, liver, stomach, pancreas,
small intestines and colon.
- This system is responsible to breaking down the food we eat into smaller
- Proteins are broken down into amino acids.
- starches and complex sugars (carbohydrates) are broken down to
- fats are broken down to fatty acids and glycerin.
- Some digestive enzymes that help with food break down are produced in the
- Common concerns are:
- poor digestion,
- cramps or bloating after eating.
- It is thought that people with the following chronic diseases also have
problems with their digestive systems:
- chronic sinus infections,
- migraine headaches,
- chronic fatigue,
- autoimmune diseases.
- Many acute sicknesses such as colds, flu, fever, headache, skin rash, etc
also have their roots in digestive system problems.
- Click here to read about Inflammatory Bowel Disorders and possible natural
Lifestyle Suggestions to support the Digestive System:
- Chew your food well
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and soft drinks
- Avoid foods containing gluten such as wheat. Click here for a list of foods
- Eat uncooked fruits, vegetables and sprouts rich in enzymes
- Avoid overeating
- Eat no later than 2-3 hours before bedtime
- Avoid laying down immediately after meals
- Click here to read tips for a healthy GI tract
Nature’s Sunshine Key Products:
The key products for the digestive system are Digestive Enzymes, Garden
Essence Plant Enzymes and Protein Digestive Aid.
Nature’s Sunshine Digestive System Products: